• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

*Real 59 Burst* Has anyone seen 9 0881?

nicolasrivera

Les Paul Froum Member
I've got a couple of dozen photos of 9-0881, so it wasn't just pulled from under grandpa's bed and carried into GC. I don't recall where the photos came from, but it must have been up for sale somewhere.

90881022gv.jpg

90881042lo.jpg

Dan, can you post more images of this baby, its just amazing, please!!!

Thanks.

Nico.

access

Wow!

I can hardly remember posting it!

Thanks for the trip down memory lane

The Stumble

Dear God and Baby Jesus! Talk about resurrecting an OLD thread...

+1 i see another thread has also been resurrected from 2007 aswell as this one ...am i missing something? :ganz

MIKE LEAF

+1 i see another thread has also been resurrected from 2007 aswell as this one ...am i missing something? :ganz

I think this happens when a user is searching the forum and gets a list of old threads, and suddenly decides to post in it ...

(maybe not aware of the age of the thread)

nicolasrivera

Les Paul Froum Member
Mmmm guys, is there something wrong with old threads? is there a rule about not resurrecting with a question old threads???

Beano Geno

There is no rule against old threads. There is some GREAT information in them. Just don't always expect someone to answer your questions, they might not even visit the forum anymore.

mojotop

Exactly 1 year ago the ´59 Les paul #9 0881 (nicknamed 'the bearded lady') was on the Vintage Guitar magazine-title 08/2008. The guitar was owned by Oliver Leiber at that time who later sold 'the bearded lady'.

Here´s the mag:
VintageGuitarMagazineoctober2008.jpg

Best shot of the article, #9 0881 far left:
VintageGuitarMagazineoctober2008-.jpg

Last edited: