• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Gibson Melody Maker

Browneyes

Just got one from Barry... I always thought these were cool guitars and for the money, you can't go wrong with a Gibson.

I need one guitar to keep in my room so I don't have to worry about falling alseep with a guitar in hand and damaging it. I also have a 5w fender champ. Anybody have feedback and pictures of theirs?

GibsonmelodymakerBlanca.jpg

Axel

They look really cool, except they are not Les Pauls! Crazy but it's true!

How's the finish? Matte? And how's the pickup?

GuitarDean

AHHHHH VERY PURITY THERE GEORGE! I love those white ones. I'll bet ya that it becomes your favorite beater. And, like you said, they pack a great bang for the buck! Always wanted one myself and will someday.

Trans-Am

When the MM first got ReIssued, i made sure to snap a few up, for it was just that good....oh and yeah the dog eared P-90?...it barks well too!!:ganz
DSC00994.jpg

Peace:hank

Trans-Am

Wha????? I think the site for Photobucket just got HACKED !!! By the Turkish Hackers Group???:wow

So in other words?...Anybody using the Photobucket to upload their photos are SOL!!

Try Again Snake!!:2cool

Peace:hank

Last edited:

timmy 2 tone

Hey George,I've been on the fence for one of them for awile? Is It a good player? Give us a tone report. Thanks man :2zone

chasbo

I love mine. It's always on a stand, plugged in and ready to go. Great tone too. I like bargains like this. Through a low output valve amp these things just sing. I don't think you can beat them for that.

DSCN2353.jpg

okiegibson

I got one when they first came out, it's been a great little guitar. Got the little 5W Champ too, the stock 6" speaker kinda sucks and flubs out, I stuffed an 8" Weber in it and it now totally kicks butt.

So fun to plug straight in with the MM or Tele and just play, sometimes simple just plain rocks.

IMG_0554.jpg

StoneFreeFuzz1

Great guitars for you money, Im about to pull the trigger on one myself, cant decide if I want white or sunburst, or if I want to throw a P-90 in there....
But anyways, congrats on your new axe!:2zone

NOSBIG

Damn...that looks great......just decided to get a Melody Maker!
Hi, I`m glad you like it!! Have to say it was a lovely little guitar.
Melody Makers are imo very underated.
Good luck in getting one and lets have a pic when you do?
PS do you like the `71 GT in my avatar??
terry

NotWashedUp

I have an original '62 with dual pups and double cutaway. Needs a little work but plays and sounds decent. Sorry no pics.

Steve

johnnyo

Hi, I`m glad you like it!! Have to say it was a lovely little guitar.
Melody Makers are imo very underated.
Good luck in getting one and lets have a pic when you do?
PS do you like the `71 GT in my avatar??
terry

.......love your 71 GT....must be a blast to play!..........it's got rock 'n roll written all over it.!:salude

NOSBIG

NOSBIG, Nice avatar pic indeed, would liek to see more pics of that!
here`s some more.
http://s227.photobucket.com/albums/dd311/terrychapman/?action=view&current=katrinaguitar124.jpg this is when I removed the centre section of the maple cap to steam and flatten it!!
http://s227.photobucket.com/albums/dd311/terrychapman/?action=view&current=katrinaguitar062.jpg
this is how some of the cap had distorted after being under water for months after hurricane katrina struck.
http://s227.photobucket.com/albums/dd311/terrychapman/?action=view&current=katrinaguitar014.jpg
this is removing the binding prior to re seating the cap.
http://s227.photobucket.com/albums/dd311/terrychapman/?action=view&current=Guitar3.jpg
hope you like `em!!!
if you want to see more go to my site www.tjcguitars.com
thanks,
Terry