• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Are all my Gibsons in vane?

Y

yeti

I used to hoard, now I have a semi-strict imposition rule of two electrics and one acoustic imposed on myself. It's not for any reason other than to ensure I really, really want the guitars I have. If I really want them - and I've had enough flings and long-term commitments for sentimental or guilt reasons - then I can revisit the rule. In the meantime that rule helps ease the decision to move guitars on that aren't something I completely couldn't live without.

I like.:jim

jtees4

I used to hoard. Now I buy low, sell higher. Keep what i fall in love with. I am ahead $$$. It used to cost me money. I like it better this way.

PLarson

I think I'm going to sell some of them off. Frankly, I'm bored of them.
Going to save money for that '54 Goldtop I dream of....

ch willie

Sell your extras and get something different, unique. A Zemantis, for example.

LPUncle

I have an SG, two Vs, and four Les Pauls. The only guitar I play is my routed 1969 Goldtop. Should I sell all the others?

PLarson, I am willing to help a brother out. Send the ones you do not play to me and I will watch over them for you. You can have them back whenever you want them. I will waiting for UPS. THX

Uncle Gary

Yes, you must sell them! Sell them at once, I say! Sell them to me! Mwuhhahahahahahahahahaha!!!

djangolad

Despite owning very nice LPs, ES's and Fenders I picked up a Duesenberg Double Cat a couple of years ago and playing it is like putting on silk after wearing hessian, however I wont let any of the others go despite hardly playing them any more.

Doc Sausage

Over 3 years since the 2nd to last post and the best thing about this thread is still Stock Hippie's video. Whatever happened to ol Stock?

Big Al

Over 3 years since the 2nd to last post and the best thing about this thread is still Stock Hippie's video. Whatever happened to ol Stock?

Some things you cannot unsee or unhear!

Some mysteries are best left unsolved.

:##:##:##

jalevinemd

Every time I watch that video, the only thing I can hear is:

"It rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again."

jb_abides

Having been at it for 35 years, I now know there's such a thing as "the long-term shift...", beyond any normal rotation.

There's 2 ways to go about prepping for this form of doomsday:

1. go to your ample stable and pull something out, maybe mod it a bit.
2. Or when required, go on a guitar safari (thanks, Joe!) and find something that fits the bill, of the moment.

Depends on your circumstances, in terms of tying up cash, and cost to store adequately.

But if you've ever bonded with any of them, think twice and hard prior than moving something you'll be pressed to find again -- unless you like the hunt. Of course, if you can still hunt and never let go -- well, then you've things well in hand.

Love in vain? Sometimes vanity is OK, where Gibsons are concerned

Best of luck :salude