• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Now I know where those "Pawn Stars" Les Pauls really came from

27sauce

Wow, awesome!
Which one of you is Cagney and which one is Lacey?:)

kwest

That's great! You should post about the Les Pauls and how both the guy who was trying to sell his "1960" Les Paul Custom and the "expert" that Rick called in to appraise it both work at the same store, Cowtown Guitars. You should also say that that same guitar is pictured in Cowtown's inventory(sold) page and how the 70's Les Paul that Rick traded for the double barreled musket also came from Cowtown Guitars.Oh and don't forget to mention that Cowtown Guitar's webpage say: " [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]WATCH FOR COWTOWN GUITARS ON EPISODES OF "PAWN STARS" on THE HISTORY CHANNEL !!!!"[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

yeti66

Wow, awesome!
Which one of you is Cagney and which one is Lacey?:)

LOL!! Cagney maybe, possibly Lacy, I'm whichever one was brunett!:rofl

:hmm That's a cute picture of you next to that beautiful guitar!!:peace2

Texas Blues

That's great! You should post about the Les Pauls and how both the guy who was trying to sell his "1960" Les Paul Custom and the "expert" that Rick called in to appraise it both work at the same store, Cowtown Guitars. You should also say that that same guitar is pictured in Cowtown's inventory(sold) page and how the 70's Les Paul that Rick traded for the double barreled musket also came from Cowtown Guitars.Oh and don't forget to mention that Cowtown Guitar's webpage say: " [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]WATCH FOR COWTOWN GUITARS ON EPISODES OF "PAWN STARS" on THE HISTORY CHANNEL !!!!"[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

Wait until I get my V back from those guys! Ya'll are gonna' get me banned at my favorite guitar joint! :rofl

kwest

Wait until I get my V back from those guys! Ya'll are gonna' get me banned at my favorite guitar joint! :rofl

Haha,hey Texas ... what is that sweet Goldtop that Jesse has? Maybe you can be on an episode of Pawn Star. You could borrow Jesse's guitar and bring it in to Gold and Silver Pawn, tell Rick that it is a 1957 Les Paul that you found and you want to sell it for $40,000 and then he will call Jesse to come in to appraise it. That would be sweet!

l_5fedd16014f24e8392f9abe5ed2e4c44.jpg

Ryan Givhan

why does it seem like everyone is mad about this TV show?

isnt this how all reality tv shows work? i mean they are never actually real.

Texas Blues

Haha,hey Texas ... what is that sweet Goldtop that Jesse has? Maybe you can be on an episode of Pawn Star. You could borrow Jesse's guitar and bring it in to Gold and Silver Pawn, tell Rick that it is a 1957 Les Paul that you found and you want to sell it for $40,000 and then he will call Jesse to come in to appraise it. That would be sweet!

l_5fedd16014f24e8392f9abe5ed2e4c44.jpg

Can't say I've seen that particular one. Lots of vintage pieces come through the shop and I only hit that joint once a month or so. I'm "purty sure" the cats down at Gold and Silver Pawn are on to Jesse's schtick.

Stiggs

damn, that stupid show was so obviously fake from the first episode. good comedy, tho'.

WHO DAT SAY DEY GONNA BEAT DEM SAINT?

jrfisher

I like the show, I like seeing the oddball things and getting a little history lesson.

When I saw the episode where the guy brought in a 70's and said it was a 60's, I thought something was up. How could a guy that gigged for years, not know that was a 70's guitar.

I'm a little bummed to find out just how "Scripted" it really is, I thought there was a bit of truth to the things just coming in off the street.

I'll still watch the show. It's still entertainment for me. I like going to garage sales and finding the buried treasures.

TommyTouch

I quote Steve Allen... "Radio is entertainment for mind, television is entertainment for the mindless."

yeti66

:bigal This post must have pissed someone off on the history channels website for pawnstars, because its vanished twice now:hmm http://boards.history.com/topic/Pawn...What/520082444
its almost like someone doesn't want this posting on there site:wah

I think I'll have to repost it again:teeth

Wow! Hey check out this post about Pawn Stars that I found on a forum for guys that collect vintage gas pumps.

"speaking of entertainment...

I wrote Rick today...found him online and sent him this:

Hi -

Are you the same 'Rick's Restorations' that was on the History Channel show 'Pawn Stars' last night?

...and I got this reply:

To:
Subject: Re: Pawn Stars?
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 21:38:45 -0500

Yes

Thank you,
Rick Dale
Rick's Restorations - Everything old is new again!
(702) 655-5544

...so I sent him the following:

Hi Rick -

Wow...what a small world!

Hey, that was some Coca-Cola machine! I gotta tell you, it looked like a different machine when you were finished with it.

I mean that - it really looked like a different machine. It looks like you started with a trashed machine, maybe a Vendo?...and finished with a Cavalier. My buddies and I were trying to figure out how you got the embossed Coca-Cola logo to be smaller on the 'restored' machine than on the original. We all thought of the number of hours it would take to do all of that work (and how much it would cost), and we decided it would have been easier for you just to roll out a restored Cavalier, and pass that off as if you had transformed that rusty junk into another make/model Coke machine. That dope on Pawn Stars couldn't tell the difference, right?

Hey - I guess that's why you're on TV...

One more thing - that gas pump you restored for the Pawn Stars...funny, the man that sold that pump to you years ago is a friend of mine! (Small world, right?) Anyway, he was watching the show with his wife, and - in his words - he almost fell out of his chair when he saw that pump. His wife actually recognized it! I mean, what are the odds that a pump you bought got sold unrestored to someone, who just happened to bring it into that Pawn Shop - only for them to buy it and return it to you for restoration? They'd have to be astronomical!

If I didn't know better, I'd almost think the people bringing stuff into that cool pawn shop were bringing your stuff in there and just acting like it was their stuff. What a set-up that would be! The guys filming the show would get a plot, and you'd get a 30-minute commercial for your business on the History Channel. Heck, you could get your employees or friends to play the part of the 'seller' at the pawn shop - and you wouldn't even have to pay an actor!

But, hey - that would all be a big fraud, wouldn't it?"

Last edited: