• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

"The Beast" Bernie Marsden's 59

MHGOLDTOP

Yesterday Bernie Marsden was kind enough to bring his legendary 59 Burst aka "The Beast" to visit at the Birmingham UK JB gig. Bernie is a great player, a great guy and this is a great Burst! Here's a few pictures of it for you all.

bm1.jpg

bm2.jpg

bm3.jpg

bm5.jpg

bm6.jpg

bm7.jpg

goldtop0

A well loved burst..................love it:salude

Thanks MH

Ryan Givhan

for someone to play it that much!!!! it must have tone for days. i would rather see/play a burst like this, over a closet classic any day!

Cogswell

The Duke of Dumbassery
That's just terrible. He needs to get it repainted. A number of coats of marine pant would be a lot more durable.

guitarbob123

I was at the show and it truly did sound amazing. Great tone!

Bernie played well too, was playing a PRS singlecut of some kind through a Marshall Vintage Modern combo from what I could see.

Joe really hit it out the park though, superb performance as usual, it was great to see him.

pit_s_xroad

:3zone Thanks for sharing... :peace2 ...great looking LP... :2cool

PIT... :salude

CDaughtry

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner and Moderator
Killer thread...thanks as always Mike!:dude:

tdarian

Thanks Mike. That looks like it has done some duty. Beautiful.

wernerg

Does Bernie still own The Beast? I saw the guitar a few years ago at a Dallas show.

And btw - I saw Bernie jam with Paul Reed Smith and some others at the recent Frankfurt Musikmesse. He sounded great - even without the Beast!

MS 57

Beautiful pictures !!! Thanks for posting !!
For those of you who want to know more The Beast and Bernie are the coverstory on Guitarist Magazine april 2012 issue.
they have an interesting soundclip comparison between the Beast, Bernies signature PRS SE and Gibson LP Classic Custom.

1331295665_guitarist-april-2012.jpg