• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Anyone been to tradetang.com?

8ohms

Anyone seen this website? Is it a scam? How can they offer guitars that look like that for so little money.

toxpert

Maybe because the guitar you get is not the one pictured on the website.
Here's a pic from their site for a guitar described as "1993/98 R8 MURPHY AGED KILLER REISSUE" $349.76 and free shipping..sound to good to be real ?! ... does this look hi-jacked to you ?
http://www.tradetang.com/for-sale/Wholesale-1993-98-R8-MURPHY-AGED-KILLER-REISSUE-Free-shipping/127868-2600819.html

12786873760.jpg

vintage58

I don't mean to come off as culturally insensitive, but when the words "China" and "Les Paul reissue" appear on the same Web page, I think the proper course of action would generally be to run screaming.

darkwave

Because it is a known source of counterfeit merchandise - that's why.

-Douglas C.

8ohms

Right. Just wondering how they can exist with such outright lies and BS. Wonder if anyone's fell for the bait.

58Lover

Well, they stole pics & text of my Jr. and are trying to sell "it".

If I could find a way to send a virus to their servers I would do it in a minute, fucking crooks.

mgenet

The Chinese government have not tried to keep their 'counterfeit entrepreneurs' in line. They could if they wanted. Make it against the law, kill a few and they'd go underground and the guitars would cost a lot more. Most of the trade would be nipped in the bud.

Guitars are not the only thing the Chinese people counterfeit. If it is a premium name then there is a counterfeit of it out of China. Well organized all in the same area. ALL counterfeit. Oh and they hold our loans as well. Irony of all ironies.

Other reason there are counterfeiters? Because there is a huge market of gullible people out there.

tspoon

$349.76 for what? The fricking case......

My OTP guy pup rings cost that much......

Run for the hills, those little bastards want a war or what?

Only a Gibson is good enough !!!!!!

Doc Sausage

This site's been discussed here before. What you get from them is a decent Chinese copy. They don't look authentic but they sound that way...based on my experience with a friend's Goldtop. I was honestly hard pressed to tell the difference through a Marshall JCM 2000 between my Gibson and their 'Gibson.' Bottom line.

I can't speak to how and why they do business, or are allowed to do business but, it's fairly incredible what you get for the money. I don't own one of these but sometimes wonder why. Even if for the sheer novelty.

I'm not advocating the theft of anyone's intellectual property but this horse has long left the barn. Don't see much way to unwind the process now.

Electric Lloyd

Wait a minute! Maybe it's not a scam!:hmm
I have a ton of great reissue les pauls for sale, & at cheaper prices that those guys! You heard me right! Just send me your money & go pick one out at Todd Louis' house in NYC. He's holding on to them for me. Just tell him ya already paid for it!:2cool

StSpider

The Chinese Government has no interest in stoppin gthis simply because it's a source of money for them, and allowing this kind of business is one of the way the communist regime keeps their people quiet.

They don't care if it's a scam, they don't care if it's against international law, they don't care if the pollute the whole world, unless it's not against their rules, they don't give a fu*k.