• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Les Paul Has Died at 94

Jignant

His contribution to the world of guitars is immesurable. Truly a sad day for all of us... Thank you and RIP!:salude

nickster

I am truly sad for the loss of such a wonderful person and a true visionary My sympathy to his family. Thank you Lester for the endless contributions to music and entertainment.

Tom99SS

A sad day. My heart is heavy and I had lump in my throat as I watched the vids.

Les RIP, you will be missed.

mfroman

I'd always hoped to make it to NYC to see him play. I'll be wearing black for a while. What an inspiration in creativity both as a player and inventor.

The band in heaven just got a lot better!

BluesRocker

I'll be kicking myself for years for not checking him out at the Iridium in NYC, which I had planned to do so many times, but just never followed through.

Les, the vast impact that you made on modern music is beyond description. You will be missed... but definitely not forgotten.

GreenRiver

This is truly a sad day for the music world and world as a whole. I was fortunate to have seen him play and meet him twice briefly . He was just as genuine and nice as anyone could be. His name and legacy lives on in all our hearts and minds.

RIP Les

Last edited:

Breakfastime

I heard the sad news at the guitar shop just a while ago.

He was the main man, RIP Les.

marc1kim

RIP Les, Thanks for all your innovations, and inventions that changed the face of music forever.

Greg P.

R.I.P. Les.

Thank you so much for the joy and happiness that you have given to so many.
You truly made the world a better place through your efforts.
A life well lived!

Greg

Burstboy

Dr. Nick, 'Hi Everybody'
Sad day for us...the music industry is indebted to him.

He had a great run.

:salude

DOSE!

He lived a long life and did what he loved till the end. Much admiration.
Rest in Peace and thank you for everything.

supercubziggy

I think we all feel the same way on this one. Humble guy, visionary, monster player, what can you say. I for one am going to let my neighbors know that i have a Les Paul tonight. Rock on Les !

lp59pete

I feel lucky to have met him and seen him play.

ASGJ03.jpg

DHBucker

"A long long time ago I can still remember how the music used to make me smile."

"I can't remember if I cried when I read about his widowed bride. Something touched me deep inside the day the music died."

Goodnight sweet prince parting is such sweet sorrow. We love you Les.:dang