• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

LP Standard Faded Tobacco Burst

etvetv2001

This is the first flame top Les Paul I've ever had and I'm fairly ignorant of the different qualities. Is there anything wrong with mine?

Cheburashka

Yours is gorgeous! The only thing "not right" with it is that it came with pickup covers, which they usually don't. I think it looks better that way, personally. :)

etvetv2001

I've got a better pic now to post.. A friend came over last night and said he didn't like the top. He said it looks like it was colored with a crayon. As Bill O'Reilly would ask, "What say you?"

Picture_0045.jpg

Cheburashka

It takes a while to get used to the satin finish, I guess. I think it looks great, and in a few years, after it's had a chance to age a little, it'll probably look even better.

bluesjuke

Nice top I see some reflection there off of the bridge and tailpiece. Must be a shiny satin. Welcome to the LPF.

EC1000

Cheburashka said:

holy fuck !!! if the one I just bought looks like that, I'm going to loose my freakin' mind ( in a good way) :dude

Cheburashka

The camera actually captured it really well. The colour is exactly as pictured. The flame really jumps out when light hits it from an angle too. I'm probably starting to sound like a LP faded sycophant, but I'm just floored by how well it plays every time I pick it up. The guitar literally sings acoustically when I pluck a note... the whole guitar breathes. I've never encountered this in a solid body instrument before.

LookerBob

Not usually a fan of flames, but that's a terrific looking guitar, Cheburashka... subdued enough to not be too much... really very nice. That area just above the top of the right side of the bridge pickup up to the top shoulder of the guitar has a great depth to it. Nice score!

Is the 'satin' finish on these comparable to the finish on the LP Special DC faded? I quite like the finish on those...