• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Pearly Gates Registry - Aged and VOS.

curtizloew

Gorgeous! Which dealer did you get it from?

I imported it from The Guitar Shop in Canada

Here is a better pic of the top

DSC_0301-1.jpg

houstonTX

i just got BG-117 VOS. BG-118 VOS is still hanging on the wall at Fuller's Vintage Guitars. but, i still want an 'aged' one!

chinbb

i just got BG-117 VOS. BG-118 VOS is still hanging on the wall at Fuller's Vintage Guitars. but, i still want an 'aged' one!

Signed/Aged #18 is for sale below the MAP...although its top isn't very Pearly-like...

chinbb

Top has some flame:hmm

Sorry...I didn't meant to bash on your guitar :##

I actually think that its top is very nice and flamey...just that its figures isn't closest to the real Pearly...:couch

But still...if I don't already have a Signed/Aged myself...or if its price goes even lower...I might already been all over it

tvmalsv

No worries, It is almost down to what the regular aged sell for. Thanx dave:headbange

mistersnappy

Amazing thread! Thanks to everyone! :salude I'd love to have one someday...

Imagine what that felt like if you walked into a room full of guitars based on your favorite! Wierd and humbling, I'd reckon. :hmm :jim

GastonG

My very best (tone & feel & weight) Les Paul reissue I've ever owned.
this is #073
51b.jpg

Gaston

timmy 2 tone

I'd like to see pics of both, because I've got #119 and like to compare more or less?:salude

DoubleBoogie

My very best (tone & feel & weight) Les Paul reissue I've ever owned.
this is #073
51b.jpg

Gaston

Gaston,

Great picture!! :3zone I have to say that I feel the same way about mine... #061 I still can't get over the top carve either. This really shows how nice and flat the deck is and the more dramatic fall off toward the switch. And the tone of these pups through an old Marshall is really killer too! Mine just has the bald spot on the wrong side! :hee They probably should have made one lefty version with this wood! :salude

IMG_1691.jpg

fjminor

I have to agree with Gaston and DoubleBoogie - My BG058 is the best of my best in tone, weight, feel (although I just installed a pair of Throbaks in my 2004 StanleyBurst and that neck P/U is just unbelievable). I love this guitar through my JTM45 - it is the Killer combination. I will be taking this guitar to my grave...:wah :headbange :yah

DoubleBoogie

I have to agree with Gaston and DoubleBoogie - My BG058 is the best of my best in tone, weight, feel (although I just installed a pair of Throbaks in my 2004 StanleyBurst and that neck P/U is just unbelievable). I love this guitar through my JTM45 - it is the Killer combination. I will be taking this guitar to my grave...:wah :headbange :yah

You need to scare up a nice old 8x10 cab for that rig. :peace2

tonyj

These things are seemingly becoming much harder to find - at least in the areas that I visit here in Canada.

Not to worry though, I've had my eye on this one for a short time now. At least whilst I was figuring out a way to come up with the readies.

At last it is now my very own. No additional wear and tear or rough edges. No Billy signature (- too bad, that would have been nice!). Just a damn nice guitar.

I actually love this thing. It has a certain presence.
Last night an old guy (me) went to bed with a very 'happy tummy', - well that's how my grandkids describe THAT feeling. :jim

Allow me to proudly introduce my VOS edition of 'Pearly Gates' - number BG 083.

PearlyFive.jpg

PearlyTwo.jpg

PearlyThree.jpg

PearlyNine.jpg

PearlySix.jpg

PearlyEight.jpg

Last edited:

ufboy73

tony - i LOVE that top!! i'd be tempted on looks alone, let alone if plays and sounds good!

you guys are starting to cause some rumblings inside...ive never been a huge gibbons fan but some of these look so sweet.

id have to somehow pry gaston's away, since i was born in '73:)

andreja marovic

Come on more PG's...
where are the aged non signed? we didn't seen lot of them.
Actually none here....where are they?????????