• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Nicest Les Paul - CONTEST

dortiz

Me and the guys at work. Just a couple of standards and a supreme.
SSCN0433.jpg

Birdy

MikeSlub said:
1999 (40th Anniversary) Historic '59 reissue. :wail
317_p38449.jpg

317_p38450.jpg

That quilting is outstanding Mike. :dude :dude
Almost has a *Klingon forehead Worf thing* happening :yay

:eek:le

Trans-Am

...who's GRAVE did this one come out from ?? LOL !!!!

What a Beaut !

Peace!:wail

ChaNce

Mine is the anti-nicest:)

bodylp.jpg
fulllp.jpg

No flame, natural finish, beat to hell. But it's mine.

lefty64

My Lester is great but can't compete w/ most of these beauties. This post is awesome! We could have a nice Coffee Table book w/ the pictures of these guitars. This post is a real treat for a Les Paul Fan.

gordyh

You guys are killing me! What am I going to do? I like 'em all.......I want 'em all.....this thread is making me crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!er

Joe Ganzler

Well, I guess it's time for "The Monarch of Maple" to weigh in. . .As a connoisseur of flameousity in the Gibson Les Paul for quite some time, I've seen and owned my share of same. I've been through the "big-wide" flame stage, the "quilty maple" flame stage, the "tight, ribbon-y" flame stage, the "subtle, peek-a-boo" flame stage. My now-mature and discriminating flame palette now prefers an all-over combination of characteristics in order to continue piquing my interest in a flametop Electric Spanish product, to wit:

-Guitar must have flame with "character"; not necessarily "covered" from stem to stern, but with flame that's interesting - usually inconsistent, perhaps even poorly bookmatched, but not in a "goofy" way. . .
-Guitar must have it's strongest "money view" from the driver's side, so that when I'm playing it and look down on it's manificence, I get some inspired "wood" of my own. . .
-Guitar must have some delicious "crossgrain", or vertical/medullary action to complement the flame. Here's where it gets dicey - the "wrong" crossgrain sends a definite "gag reflex" to my GI system - too much barbeque straightness is categorically verboten! What's needed here is some breathtaking curves, waves, pillowy-looking clouds, amoebas, etc.
-Color must be "tasteful" - not too much any one way; not too faded, not too dark around the edges, not too yellow in the middle.

May I offer as examples two of my own - an original 1959 effort from Gibson first, and then a fine R8 Historic product from 2001, a good year for the Authentic line:
1904_p34198.jpg

2126_p38874.jpg

51nocaster

Monarch of Maple

Ah!! Yes! Excellent character ..My interest is piqued..... ( :-()
Beauties

MikeSlub

Administrator
The Monarch has spoken! Winner! End of story! :spin :dude :salude

Lily, another new tag name for Joe: "Connoisseur of Flameousity" :spin :dude :ahem