• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

pancake or chambered body?

Magnum

Even with the Standards now being chambered they still weigh 9 or 10 pounds. They didn't lighten them up any more from what they were. They just went from the weight relief holes to chambering. Doesn't really bother me at all. I leave it up to my ears.

sarge40

Even with the Standards now being chambered they still weigh 9 or 10 pounds. They didn't lighten them up any more from what they were. They just went from the weight relief holes to chambering. Doesn't really bother me at all. I leave it up to my ears.

I dunno Magnum, my '07 weighs 7.6 pounds, lighter than a strat I have. Not even close to 9 or 10 pounds (I'm sure there are some with heavier wood out there though). I agree on leaving it up to the ears though. In my case, the chambered '07 can get some tones my "solid" Standard can't, and it goes the other way around too. Chambered or not, its a real nice guitar.

Magnum

I dunno Magnum, my '07 weighs 7.6 pounds, lighter than a strat I have. Not even close to 9 or 10 pounds (I'm sure there are some with heavier wood out there though). I agree on leaving it up to the ears though. In my case, the chambered '07 can get some tones my "solid" Standard can't, and it goes the other way around too. Chambered or not, its a real nice guitar.

Wow. That is a light one.

Guitar_Mc

Wow. That is a light one.

My 07 Classic Antique is 7.6 lbs.
Sounds and plays great BTW.

I've seen quite a few people posting that their 06's & 07's are in that 7 or 7[Edit:I meant 7 or 8] pound range.

Last edited:

Wilko

All Access/Backstage Pass
That's light even for Historics which average 8.5-9 lbs.

Heavier as you go from from 59, 58, 57, etc.

sarge40

Yeah, not too old yet, but weighing in at 7.6 doesn't bother me too much, seeing that its still making some nice tones. Like I said, lighter than a strat I have (I think it was about 8.5 pounds). I never thought I'd see a Lester being outweighed by a strat!

Its a new world we're living in. Cats and dogs living together side by side, strats outweighing Lesters, etc.

Shredrrr

pancake.jpg

Obviously, his choice is made....

The bunny has spoken