• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Crapola! More SG Vibrola Issues - Help Needed Please

L

loufed52

I have a feeling if we keep bitching about this maybe someone will listen at Gibson? If I get a chance I take a snap of my Firebird before I deliver her to her new owner today. it's correct and from '91.

Why would they listen if fools like me buy them and then fix them anyway?

vh5150

Just thought I would chime back in on my original post. The tech that I go to (who is great), somehow used a vice and something else and bent the vibrola to have a more significant break angle. I know others have tried this and have not been successful so we're waiting to see if it pops back. So far it has been a few days and is still bent. If anyone has any experience with one not staying in the "new" position I'd be curious to hear how quickly it reverted back to the orignal position?

Dan Erlewine

Something I did with the same "shallow neck angle"/Maestro/high action problem on an otherwise great '66 ES330 was to mount a Bigsby B70
in it's place. Using the existing screw holes in the top and customizing the base of the Bigsby. Worked great and no holes were drilled.
002.JPG
011.JPG
013.jpg
014.JPG
015.JPG