• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Gibson Melody Maker

RNELEE

I like mine quite a bit, had it set for slide. If my finances were better I would have another for standard playing/tuning. The factory pickups are pretty good, I may try another PU if I should ever buy a 2nd MM. Also, my preference is for the 2 PU version which I do not think is any longer available.

toxpert

The pics below have been posted here before...and here the are again.

My MM ReIssue is modded with P-90, 50s studs, lightweight tailpiece, NOS Black Beauty cap, RS Super pot, braided wiring, 50s pointers, amber knobs, strap locs...

The neck on this MM is very stable (only 1 tweak of truss rod when I first setup the guitar waaaay back), jumbo frets..

I tried out the stock configuration before modding this one. It started out as a great lightweight player. Very resonant. The mods make it even better. The P-90 provides a much better range of tone - you can go from clean/spanky to snarling with a twist of the volume. Roll of the guitar tone tone to ~ 3, push the amp gain and you have a 'woman tone' that just sings.

My only comment is that Gibson uses no pore filler and the finish is really thin and wears off easily. But that OK with me.

100_0117.jpg

100_0122.jpg

100_0124.jpg

toxpert

More than nice look'n...it's a blast to play. The guitar is nicely balanced with no neck dive when you let loose. When you're playing, you can feel the resonance throughout the guitar and especially through the neck/fretboard.

Forgot to mention ..first thing I rolled the edges of the fretboard. That helped with providing a 'broken in' or well played feeling right out of the box.

I've been playing out more than one time where someone in the audience comes up to me to tell me that they first thought my Melody Maker was a cheap-no good guitar...then they had to change to "WHOA !!! What IS that thing ?!"

:)

StoneFreeFuzz1

Hey, You guys know if the new Melody makers will fit in a regular Gibson Les Paul Hardshell Case? I've read that some people have bought the cheapie musicians friend les paul cases and they work, but a buddy has a new Gibson case that he will just give to me... Any feedback would be great, thanks!

Fikeplay

My friend keeps his 03 MM that he got for $120 (thats right. $120 for a Gibson) at my house. Lets just say I'm not complaining that I need the space.:2cool