• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Sammy Hagar Gibson Red Rocker

Doc Sausage

Geesh, it's not that bad. Slight deviation from the norm and you boys go all purist. I suppose after the Van Drama thing for so many years Sammy is happy to have a group that gets along. Providing of course they still do. I'm pretty sure they didn't rewrite the album sales books but it had some good rockin tunes.

Monroe

Also, as a side note, I can't believe how good this guy looks for his age. He's flippin' 62. Amazing that a rock star looks that good for that age..

I gotta get me one of those Jeff Lynne/ Sammy Hagar fright wigs.

58Lover

Now apart from the headstock stuff, I think this is one of the best looking new LP's that's been out for ages!
Anyone know anything about these?
f664f35f-2bed-41eb-95c3-876f3cd5fc8a.jpg

Apart from that hideous headstock, how is this different from so much they're coming out with now? New color? Woop woop! Not.

bjm007

I think of Sammy as a singer and his best efforts were probably with Ronnie Montrose, more than a few years ago...

As a guitar player he's not really worthy of his own "model" IMO

Les45

Now apart from the headstock stuff, I think this is one of the best looking new LP's that's been out for ages!
Anyone know anything about these?
f664f35f-2bed-41eb-95c3-876f3cd5fc8a.jpg

Cool looking guitar except for the headstock.

Beside the fact that the Chickenshit logo covers most of the headstock, it bothers me that the "Les Paul" name is no longer on the guitar... not even on the TRC.

Now that Les is gone, is there no longer an obligation to call this model a LP? :hmm

58Lover

"Now that Les is gone, is there no longer an obligation to call this model a LP?"

You raise a very good point, as I'm sure Henry would love to not have to pay the estate any more royalties.

fentonjames

These Les Paul artist versions have gotten *completely* out of hand. I mean the Les Paul is already an artist signature guitar (Les'). quote]

+1 i think signature guitars of the les paul model are gay, m'kay. it already is a signature guitar, les'.

everything else is just marketing, trying to make a buck. how many signatures do they really need of a 59 les paul anyway?

Danny

Les Paul Forum Member, Formerly Musicinmysoul
Great minds?
Seriously though, life-changing movie!

You're out of your element Donnie!!

rufes

Formerly dmartinez
worst guitar tone ever imo in that band.

I don't agree. The tone is great for me. All musicians sound great in this band. I personally don't like the songs and I wouldn't buy the album but they play and sound great.

LPSPP

Another really high priced Gibson that only a few can afford ($3,900 msrp)

:hmm

dlmorley

Another really high priced Gibson that only a few can afford ($3,900 msrp)

:hmm

msrp is pretty irrelevant these days.
It will be a LOT less than that.
And for a Gisbon I wouldn't call it really high..

LPSPP

msrp is pretty irrelevant these days.
It will be a LOT less than that.
And for a Gisbon I wouldn't call it really high..

Still prolly be $2,800 street.
Why can't Gibson make more special release Models to fall below $2,000.....

dlmorley

Still prolly be $2,800 street.
Why can't Gibson make more special release Models to fall below $2,000.....

Probably because they can sell as many as they can make :salude
My issue is quality control. Gibson are a bit unreliable there but prices are what the market will hold.
Me, I only have an 81 les paul. Am in the market for a 60's semi BUT don't buy new anyway.
I still think this is a great looking paul (minus the headstock!)

Breakfastime

Now that Les is gone, is there no longer an obligation to call this model a LP? :hmm

This is a question that has been rattling around in the back of my mind recently. When I saw the Slash Goldtop I thought it was rather disrespectful to leave Les' name off it's rightful place-and Les was still alive at the time. I guess that sets the precedent and makes it 'okay'?

I still think it's disrespectful (and in this case, ugly) I'd rather see a hockeystick headstock on there or (if it has to be tacky).
Or better yet-they should've made the Sammy model a copy of that red Explorer w/binding. That would've been cool.

rudutch

some 3/4" wide white tape on my classic head stock and I'll have - a counterfeit chikin-foot

hardingfele

Easily removable. All you need is a $9 guitar stand and a four year old kid.

the thing on the headstock is a template, showing where all the screws need to go once the 4 year old did his thing,hahahahahahahahahahahaha
way to go little guy !

everyone, check out the headstock-fix currently on bay watch.