• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Pearly Gates Registry - Aged and VOS.

chinbb

I think signed and aged on the left? It looks really, really good!

Do they really vary in colour and burst pattern so much? :wow

To answer your question...the one on the left is actually Aged #12, the Sgined/Aged #43 is on the right.

As for the color variation, I have heard that Gibson did the Signed ones in 2 different batches...so their formula in mixng the dye might have changed...

Ed A

Theyre all beautiful but #99 is just silly!.... that bald spot in the same spot is too cool!.... Id ask double for that one if it were mine..... imagine how much it would be worth if it was one of the aged and signed!

chinbb

Theyre all beautiful but #99 is just silly!.... that bald spot in the same spot is too cool!.... Id ask double for that one if it were mine..... imagine how much it would be worth if it was one of the aged and signed!

Agree...and there IS a Signed/Aged with baldspot...Signed #22

See thread...
SIGNED PEARLY #22 IN DA HOUSE

I hope 59gibson doesn't mind me taking his picture:
PC190009.JPG

GC Ron

The photos were taken the night before they were signed. Edwin had a label on each guitar's cover plate with each number which were then removed after Billy signed them.

DSC01066.jpg

DSC01067.jpg

DSC01049.jpg

DSC01050.jpg

GC Ron

Billy during the photo shoot with #8 and a near group shot lined up by number. Pat is on the right blocking #2.

DSC01099.jpg

Twinfan

Awesome - nice one Ron!

It's interesting how in the head-on shots they all look the same colour, but in the group shots they seem to vary. Lighting angle clearly makes a difference!

fjminor

Hi Ron - thanks a billion your contribution to this thread - it is very much appreciated...!!:salude

And thanks to all who posted their beauties.....again- all the Pearlies are fantastic..!!!:yah

pit_s_xroad

thanks for sharing these great :photos
I enjoyed watching them a lot...

Greets
PIT... :salude