• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Epiphone Elitist and LQ

diazepam

Hi,

Just curious if the Epiphone Elitists and the LQ models are essentially the same?

I see both listed as LQ and Elite respectively in the same store, so I'm wondering what the differences are? The Elite seems to be priced quite a bit higher than the LQ, so I'm assuming its of better quality?

As far as I can tell, both sport the same 'Gibson-like' headstocks and feature the same spaghettish font, and are both manufactured in Japan.

But while the LQ is still being offered as a current model, I don't see the Elite sold as new. Is the price difference due to that?

Thanks a bunch.

diazepam

:D

I can't believe it . . .

I missed out on a great deal on a practically brand new Epi LP LQ . . . . shouldn't have waited till after dinner to decide! :p

*sigh*

Reinhard

Damn, I hate it when that happens. I'm sure you'll find another one :wail

stevek

I've got one of the Customs. It's a very nice guitar, but it's so light I shudder to think what an X-ray of it would look like! As far as I can tell the only significant difference between it and the Elitist is the absence of USA pickups. Grovers, yeah. Bone nut, yeah. Long tenon? Dunno can't be bothered to take it to bits to find out. One thing I can sat is that the laquer finish is very thin. One accidental touch against the sharp corner of my Mesa V-twin and I has a pin-prick hole through to the bare wood. Undyed maple against black stands out pretty well, but quick touch-up with a permanent black marker pen and it disappeared :)

diazepam

Steve,

I think the tenon is supposedly long like the Historics. At least thats what I've read. :hmm

At least its not as light as the Korean Epis. :spabout

Reinhard - I've actually waited for 2 whole months for one to appear. Hope I can hold out for it to happen again. :)

There's another one - an Elite LP with a flame top . . . but thats going for about the same price as a Gibby Studio, so I'm not too sure about that one. Both used, of course.

Mr. Clean

Cool guitars. Likely as good as or better than current equivalent Gibson production models.